January 02, 2005

Happy 2nd day into 2005

I went to watch the jap movie, Nobody knows, with Caibei yesterday. It was about how 4 young children from the same mother but different fathers had to take care of one another and became one another's life support when their mother decided to pursue her own happiness and flee from her responsibility of being a mother. It was rather touching. The children are really cute, especially the younger two.

However, I find the pace a bit too slow and a bit too long-winded in the middle. So that towards the end, although it was really quite a moving end, I also felt relief that it's finally over. And the show probably missed out a number of details in the translation. 'Cos there were certain scenes and characters where Caibei and I absolutely do not understand nor account for.

Caibei cried. Halfway thru. I guessed it must have reminded her of her own brothers and sisters back in China. I asked her later and she said the eldest brother in the show resembles her younger brother.

I wonder if I would cry if I were residing overseas and watching a show that reminds me of my 2 sisters. I think not. But YES, if it's my parents I'm reminded of. hee

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 10:24